Sunday, April 11, 2010

One Hand Makes No Sound...

That saying, 'one hand makes no sound', is actually a Persian proverb poetically demonstrating the power of teamwork. [my transliteration skills aren't what they used to be, but call me sometime - I'll walk you through it.]

Via I *Heart* You.

Anyhow, I don't know why, but I feel like 'high fives' are somehow an American thing. Almost every American baby I know can give a high five. The satisfying kind. [Check the sound effects at the end of the clip for a demonstration.] People who aren't from the States always seem a little... um... taken aback when go up top for a high five.
But I think we need to go global with this. We (I mean me) have been talking about unity a lot today... did you see the faces of the people who were even just watching the high five goodness, much less those who got in on the exchange?
Think about it, it's like a vintage fist bump (do people really call it that?), or an uber-modern handshake. It's glorious.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */