Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All In...

When I was getting ready to move to Israel, I had a talk with a friend of mine who had done some study abroad. She told me that when you live abroad the funniest (by which I mean odd or quirky) things about American pop (or otherwise) culture start to become really appealing to you. For example, my friend told me that she developed - almost out of the blue - an intense love of hip hop and rap when she was living in Panama.

Wouldn't you know that I'm finally appreciating country music? Not broadly - but I'll go so far as to say that I like country music in the general sense... even beyond the Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, and Charlie Daniels Band tracks so favored by my parents (and therefore a part of my childhood).


So... lessons from a country song - episode 1: “your cards aren’t worth anything if you don’t lay them down”. Ha! I will see your sidelong glance and raise you a wink…….

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */