Sunday, April 4, 2010

Once Upon a Time...

When I was a kid we moved around a lot (no... seriously. A lot). So it was always exciting to me when I got to see my cousins. I remember the first Easter Sunday that my cousin Jessica and I were at together - I was 5 and she was 4.

Image credit.

It was a glorious time! I actually still remember it - we were at our grandparent's house in San Clemente (CA)... all dressed up, masquerading for the day like proper little girls out of a fairy tale and not the fun tomboy-facade we usually presented to the world. That magical Sunday (playing in the backyard that still felt huge - aviary & coi fish pond, orange trees & tomato plants props for a world only accessed through the wild imagination of little girls) probably marks the first time I took a real interest in fashion - or at least the outfit I was wearing.

I felt so pretty in my little dress, shoes, gloves, hat and Easter basket... except that I preferred Jessica's hat. Luckily she felt the same.

So we swapped.

Oh friends! Our Grandma Connie had such a fit when she learned that we'd switched hats (conveniently just before it was time to take pictures)! Naturally, messing up the family pictures for Grandma Connie became a bit of a tradition with we grandkids after that!

Thanks for indulging my childhood memories - I hope all of your family holidays and together times can be as magical..... Happy Easter!

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */