Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And the Beat Goes On...

Images courtesy LIFE Magazine

So I'm still swimming - and consistently so. This makes me happy. No, it's not as glamorous as the pictures I found - there's a grip of hard work involved in getting myself back in proper shape (le sigh)... but I'm getting there. Take last night, for example.

We had this set of 3 times 3 100's (I'm swimming meters now!) on a descending time base - and I did it! FYI... when you're swimming you have an opportunity to think of all kinds of things - but when you've got a hard(er) set, it's good to get some music stuck in your head.

Except I realized that I've been listening to a lot of King's of Convenience and Morrissey lately... sigh. Love them, but it was really getting me no where - fast. (hahahaha.) Thank God I have a soft spot in my heart for pop music and that Rihanna's Disturbia occured to me half-way through my workout. I was really struggling for a second!

2 comments:

montague said...

gah! i have to train for a tri i am doing in september. i suck at swimming.

j'taimee said...

where will you be swimming for your competition and where are you training? Open water swimming is much different to swimming in a pool....
if you tighten the efficiency of your stroke, you won't have to work as hard to swim as fast - and you'll have the energy you need to run/bike.
Good luck!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */