Tuesday, March 2, 2010

...With My Brother And My Sister Standing By



I realize it's possible that this is entirely too much background information for you - but I do some of my best thinking in the shower. I've recently picked up Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (right now I'm in the India section) and there's a place where she mentions that you can't have concentration if you don't have tranquility.

This really struck me because I've been feeling so adrift lately - I even wondered if it were possible that I were somehow becoming (getting?) stupider. Crazy, I know... but my usual child-sized attention span was reaching epic proportions. And I really do feel that it's possible to have so many ideas and questions and 'things to remember' going on inside your head that when you go to pick one - just any one - you come up with nothing.

...which brings me full circle to the part where I do some of my best thinking in the shower. I was thinking how I hadn't called the family in a while (sorry Mom!) but I've been really thinking, lately, about how much I love my family. And I got to thinking how cool it would be if my brother and sister and I were together (hey Bill, hey Mer). Naturally this song came to mind.
Alexi Murdoch friends. Listen and love.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */