Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This Charming Man...

Fashion. A word that has a myriad definitions - near as many as there are people on the planet. This is largely because I think most people think 'style' when they hear it.... But let us consider older, perhaps more fundamental definitions for this word. Fashion - to create, the act or process of making, workmanship.

I love that fashion can (and, in my humble opinion should) be an action word - not really a noun. And I think that's why I appreciate the street-style blogs so well. I think that a lot of "high fashion" - even if it's photographed to look alive - is about the label... somehow the model provides the movement. I think that modern style should be about fashioning your wardrobe in such a way as to be able to really express your creativity. Maybe that's why 'ready to wear' often seems so boring to me, somehow.

Anyhow... I continue to get some of my best ideas from men's wear blogs - like the two pictured below. Both blogs focus on an attention to detail that is truly inspirational... but I think it's the energy and power - however subtly captured that I love the most.
Enjoy!

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */