Saturday, March 13, 2010

Reflection...

Every major Manifestation of God has brought a period of Fasting and a time of remembrance and reflection to the believers of God. As you may know, for Bahá’ís that time is now.
As per of course, I've been thinking out loud....

The first couple of days of the Fast - it felt like my soul was completely in charge and on top of things. It was like I had this internal monologue (dialogue?) - spirit to body. It was as though I was a cheerleader... But by about day 5 of the Fast (sigh), my body spoke back. No need for particulars, friends - it wasn't pretty.

Anyhow, I'm happy to report that, as was to be expected, my body and soul have reached an understanding. There's a sense of collaboration now. You see, the Fast isn't really a physical thing - and it's certainly not a diet. It's a spiritual exercise in moderation and in learning to reorient our lives, namely by placing God at the center of lives.

There can be no plurality between soul and body....

"
God is sufficient unto me. He verily is the All-Sufficing. In Him let the trusting trust." -Bahá’u’lláh
 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */