Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's Time to (Wo)Man Up, People...!

I realize that now, as I live abroad (in Israel) that I'm a little out of the loop - and I know that I don't know everything... but I know that the Constitution of the United States demands life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for its citizens. And I know that all of these are impossible when you're worrying about how you're going to manage if your kid gets sick; what's more important? A visit to the doctor, or paying your [fill in the blank] bill?
Dear Congress.
Please get it together. Practice unity. Stop scaring your constituency.
Love,
me.
p.s. I feel I should remind you that Bahá’ís don't participate in partisan politics. This does not mean, however, that we can divorce ourselves from the ongoings of our government, particularly as they apply to humanity, and - more importantly - ignore the well being of our fellow men.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */