Thursday, September 10, 2009

3 Summers ago I had pneumonia. The picture above was taken during my first time out of the house in almost a month... On my road to recovery, I went to the doctor's office many times - but, thankfully, I didn't need to go to the hospital.
My doctor's visits included things like chest x-rays to locate where the infection was and, finally, to make sure that my lungs were clear. I had health insurance through my job; whether at the doctor's or at the pharmacy, I was only responsible for my co-pay.
With a few short weeks, I received a bill from my insurance company for what they considered to be unnecessary procedures. ...like everytime I had a chest x-ray.

*crickets*

Friends - I have to tell you that everytime President Obama makes a speech, I like him more and more. But his Congressional address yesterday was the business.

“The time for bickering is over,” the president declared. “The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action.” (click the hyperlink above for the full NYT article)

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */