Saturday, November 29, 2008

True Happiness Is...

Some time ago I mentioned that there were several Bahá'ís on pilgrimage to the Holy Land from the DRC. This week there are two groups: one from Ethiopia and one from South Africa. This morning I was invited to attend a breakfast reception for these friends....
So beautiful!
Just now, as I am typing this, the friends are singing and chanting in praise of God. They are just one floor below me, and their songs are echoing up through the hall of the International Teaching Centre. It is, truly, an amazing experience.
In a continuation of my thoughts on thankfulness - let me say that today I am thankful to be surrounded by such love and fellowship; so that, while I am missing my family at home, I feel part of a larger family here today.
Thank you.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */