Thursday, November 27, 2008

As Per Usual...

I'm thinking out loud again.
My Nana sent me an email today wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving (hi Nana!).
When I visit the Holy Shrines, I regularly am inspired to meditate on those things for which I am most thankful - like my family, my health, and the myriad opportunities and experiences I have been afforded.
I swear I'm not entirely bekar - but on blogs I am wont to read - I've seen a series of lists of things to be thankful for. I think, however, that we (I mean humanity at large) have reached a stage in our collective maturity where it is no longer sufficient of acceptable to be thankful in words alone.... We must, instead, show our thankfulness.
"Have patience---wait, but do not sit idle; work while you are waiting; smile while you are wearied with monotony; be firm while everything around you is being shaken; be joyous while the ugly face of despair grins at you; speak aloud while the malevolent forces of the nether world try to crush your mind; be valiant and courageous while men all around you are cringing with fear and cowardice."
I find this quote from 'Abdu’l-Bahá especially poignant today as we consider what it is that we hold most dear and are, in fact, most thankful for.
*Head's up on the quote provided by: Nava.*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And, we are thankful for you!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */