Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye...

If that phrase is copywritten somehow, please excuse me - but I'm talking about a different transformation, altogether.
You are all probably much more detached and spiritually grounded than I am - but it happens to me sometimes that I don't feel that my service or my work or my self is appreciated. {I get that it is, but sometimes it's easy to feel out of touch with this appreciation.}
But today I had an amazing day! I don't know that I've ever felt so appreciated and valued for my work and service before. At the Bahá’í World Centre (as you may know), I serve in the Department of Pilgrimage. The pilgrim group which arrived yesterday includes 65 Bahá’ís from the Democratic Republic of Congo. These friends went through untold hardships to be able to attain pilgrimage - and today I heard them sing. They sang of their joy at the possibility to pray in the Holy Shrines - and their songs uplifted me emotionally and spiritually in way I can't describe. It's like I lived vicariously through them, or something.
I would like to thank these lovely people for reconnecting me with the joy of service. I have been transformed.
*Photo courtesy of UNICEF*

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */