Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ten Cubed...

So, as per usual, my nerd factor is alive and kicking - but come on! It's 10-10-10! Accordingly, I thought I'd share 3 things (wait for it...) that I think are awesome.



In 1865 the billiard ball was patented by John Wesley Hyatt.

ADAM's Spring 2011 Ready to Wear collection - I still love it. It's finally starting to cool off in Israel, but I'm all of a sudden keeping my eyes peeled for beautiful camisols and rust colored blazers....

And last but not least (!!!) I learned a new word today! Tralalere! - who I would I actually love to meet someday - did a rad post today on "untranslatable words from around the world".

My favorite? Toska.
Russian – Vladmir Nabokov describes it best: “No single word in English renders all the shades of toska. At its deepest and most painful, it is a sensation of great spiritual anguish, often without any specific cause. At less morbid levels it is a dull ache of the soul, a longing with nothing to long for, a sick pining, a vague restlessness, mental throes, yearning. In particular cases it may be the desire for somebody of something specific, nostalgia, love-sickness. At the lowest level it grades into ennui, boredom.” [definition courtesy Tralalere!]

Cheers m'dears - I hope you have a lovely day.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */