Thursday, February 4, 2010

Do... Check Out This Blogsite

Everyone's favorite Renaissance woman has a new addition to her ridiculously rad resume.... She's got a blog, or a newsletter, or interweb domain space where she shares things that she's been thinking about, places she's visited, foods she's tried and enjoyed, and etc. It's called GOOP. I subscribe & get updates courtesy gmaildotcom - but you can also check out her site directly.
Anyhow, so there was an especially cool article awaiting me today. It's under the 'Make' category and it highlights the Meat Free Monday initiative sponsored largely by Stella, Paul and Mary McCartney. I encourage you to read the full article on Goop and to check out the MFM site (both linked for your convenience).
By sacrificing meat one day per week, you can make a direct impact on the environment - everything from emissions to reforestation to water conservation. While I'm not a vegetarian, I don't eat a lot of meat, so I realize that this initiative - coming from me - may seem cliche or not really sacrificial... but what if we all tried it for 1 month. There are 4 Mondays between now and March 1st (inclusive). I'll try it. And keep you posted - I'll even include recipes. If you'd like a head start on the recipe front, though, Ms. Gwyneth and the McCartneys have thoughtfully included some in their respective sites.

p.s. This is a direct manifestation of my move towards being a grown up woman. Recognizing that a problem exists in my world, educating myself about it, making a decision, and acting. ...it's how I roll.
*Stay tuned for reflection and re-action.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */