Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Call to Prayer: A Call to Action...

As many of you may know, I am a Bahá’í. These people, my brothers and sisters - my coreligionists in Iran - have been imprisoned since March and May 2008.
Their case has received world-wide attention with passionate pleas for their release made by scholars, politicians, comedians, actors... and everyday kind of people like you and me. If you've been following their case, you'll know that - as Diane Ala'i, the Bahá’í International Community representative to the United Nations in Geneva says, "They are completely innocent of the accusations against them and should not have been imprisoned in the first place".
You will also know that they were finally scheduled for trial today. 18 October 2009. And that the trial has already been postponed from 18 August 2009.
In case this is news to you... you can read this article in the Bahá’í World News Service. You can also do a simple google search.

My dear friends and family... I am asking that you please remember these 7 people - and the greater Bahá’í community of Iran - in your prayers and positive thoughts today.
I appreciate you.


From the Bahá’í Writings:
"Lauded by Thy name, O Lord my God! I entreat Thee by Thy Name through which the Hour hath struck, and the Resurrection came to pass, and fear and trembling seized all that are in heaven and all that are on earth, to rain down, out of the heaven of Thy mercy and the clouds of Thy tender compassion, what will gladden the hearts of Thy servants, who have turned towards Thee and helped Thy Cause.
Keep safe Thy servants and Thy handmaidens, O my Lord, from the darts of idle fancy and vain imaginings, and give them from the hands of Thy grace a draught of the soft-flowing waters of Thy knowledge.
Thou, truly, art the Almighty, the Most Exalted, the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Generous.
- Bahá'u'lláh

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */