Monday, July 13, 2009

...On Vocabulary

Today's Word of the Day (WOD) is sartorial.
sartorial \sar-TOR-ee-uhl\, adjective:
1. Of or relating to a tailor or to tailoring.
2. Of or relating to clothing, or style or manner of dress.
3. [Anatomy] Of or relating to the sartorius muscle.
If we're going to be friends, you should know that this word has, ever since Nasim hooked me up with - quite possibly - the world's largest head's up ever, been one of my favorite words since late summer 2007. You see, I encountered Scott Schuman's blog The Sartorialist nearly 2 years ago. I know - I don't know why it took me so long, either.
I think that this should pretty much wrap up the debate among certain of my friends as to whether Sir Schuman qualifies as a celebrity when we play Celebrity (fun game, I'll explain it someday I'm sure)... m'kay? Oh! Hey, Jared.
*Lovely image of the epitome of summer and completely perfect attire excerpted from The Sartorialist. As per of course.*

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */