Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dear Heat Wave...

Glad to know that you're doing well.

In all seriousness, friends - it is HOT! And, more importantly, it's heck of humid.... Le sigh. I'm told that this is all very good for my skin - we'll see.
Anyhow, so remember how I told that I've moved? I'm now the proud resident of a lovely little flat about a 2-3 minute walk from where I used to be - but (!!!) I have a balcony! I know, it seems trifling, but I've really just wanted a little outside space for quite a long time - and I finally have it!
This new place of mine also comes with a charming (some could say jankety) little desk fan - my old room had a proper floor fan. But this new (actually super old) fan tries. How do I know? Last night it sounded like a broken metronome - all.night.long.
Did I tell you the part about how I'm a light sleeper?

My fan, my balcony and I? We're alright, though. :)

P.S. Be expecting to hear about my new flatmate, Gitty - she is an amazingly talented artist!
*Why do I always get so lucky!?*

2 comments:

molly said...

i didn't know that humidity was good for your skin, i always thought the opposite... but i'm so glad to hear it, as we're living in some serious humidity in nyc right now. phew, i like it that much more now!

j'taimee said...

that's why southern women always have such good skin!
ahhhhh.... to be in NYC again!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */