Sunday, April 26, 2009

A New Day Is Come...

Bahá’ís all over the world are in the midst of celebrating Ridván - a time to celebrate the Divine Springtime fortold by the Messengers of the past. This is the time in which Bahá'u'lláh announced to the world His coming and the Manifestation of God for today. In honor of the Occasion of His Manifestation, He Revealed this prayer; it is one of my favorites - for reflection, for the praise of God, and (hopefully) for transformation. I hope that you enjoy, as well.


Create in me a pure heart, O my God, and renew a tranquil conscience within me, O my Hope! Through the spirit of power confirm Thou me in Thy Cause, O my Best-Beloved, and by the light of Thy glory reveal unto me Thy path, O Thou the Goal of my desire! Through the power of Thy transcendent might lift me up unto the heaven of Thy holiness, O Source of my being, and by the breezes of Thine eternity gladden me, O Thou Who are my God! Let Thine everlasting melodies breathe tranquillity on me, O my Companion, and let the riches of Thine ancient countenance deliver me from all except Thee, O my Master, and let the tidings of the revelation of Thine incorruptible Essence bring me joy, O Thou Who art the most manifest of the manifest and most hidden of the hidden!
- Bahá'u'lláh

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */