Monday, August 4, 2008

The Power of (Really) Good Friends...

My friend Kadria took this picture of Kalila and I in the Wadi - the Arab quarter of Old Town Haifa, Israel. We were down there for the best falafel ever during our lunch break.
This is also the day I learned of my grandmother's passing. I love that Kalila and Kadria are so clearly trying to keep my spirits up - and that I'm trying so hard to let them.... I truly believe that God always gives you what you need; in this case really good friends. The support and prayers of my friends - whether here in Haifa or abroad - has been a blessing that I was only ever able to imagine cerebrally before. Now I know it in my heart how powerful friendship can be. Thank you.

The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh sums (and more than a little informs) my thoughts thus:

O Befriended Stranger!
The candle of thine heart is lighted by the hand of My power, quench it not with the contrary winds of self and passion. The healer of all thine ills is remembrance of Me, forget it not. Make My love thy treasure and cherish it even as thy very sight and life.
- Bahá’u’lláh

3 comments:

montague said...

so glad you had someone by you...

N. said...

I really liked this post, Miss Aimee. Glad that one of the gifts of this time here is strong friendships. And, of course, they wouldn't be drawn to you if you weren't such a strong friend yourself.

j'taimee said...

Thank you, ladies!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */