Sunday, August 17, 2008

Paradigm Shift...

I should preface this by telling you that I try really hard to not be a hater - but sometimes I just can't help myself....
The powers that be in Haifa (politically/civically, mind) have recently placed hand painted dinosaurs around the city - and, yes, you guessed it (!) I was having some serious hater thoughts about the whole display. But on Friday I ran into a friend and her (almost) 2 year old daughter on the bus - and her daughter, who is generally a very serious little girl, was so excited to see the dinosaurs that I had to change my mind and admit that they are kind of cute after all.
Isn't it funny, how when you stop and try to see things from another person's eyes - especially children - how bright and shiny and lovely things turn out to actually be?

Sorry for no images, but if you click on the link you can check out the creation....

1 comment:

montague said...

i have to admit, i think they are quite cool ;) when i was a kid, our school participated in a city wide effort - each class painted a giant garbage dumpster and they replaced most of the ones in the city with those brightly colored ones! it was so beautiful!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */