Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mischief Managed...

As I mentioned on Thursday - I went swimming: real laps in a real pool (!) - this weekend. It was a.ma.zing!
I think that one of the reasons I like swimming so well is because I feel really free and graceful in the water. If you haven't heard me mention it before... my klutz factor is gi.nor.mous! In fact, if I were a super hero (not that it would go this way on screen, per se. BUT!) and I had a trading card? ...my klutz factor would easily be a 10.
But in the water being tall and long limbed and not being able to walk in a straight line so well as one might expect of a lady don't really matter - they're kind of beneficial. Ok, well the tall/long limbed part is useful and the walking part is clearly moot. (Tah Dah!)

P.S. Support the Artist! Click on the photo to check out the artist's website.

4 comments:

montague said...

honey, i watched batman on the imax and oh my god, i thought i would die just there and then. watch out, you've got some competition ;D

j'taimee said...

hahahaha. now you know why I'm in training!

N. said...

its interesting that you bring up your klutz factor because having known you (& pretty well, I might add) for ever a year now...i just don't see it. at all. more to the point, i think youre safely posited on the other side of the spectrum--the graceful side. and im not alone in this thought.

interesting, though, that you dont see it. wonder what freud would have to say about that one...

j'taimee said...

I spent the better part of my teenage years growing so quickly it was actually painful. And then having no idea how to move in a body so long - I felt like I was always in the way, somehow - like a bull in a china shop. My mom said that I looked like a foal - smallish body with really long limbs - which is funny, because in some respects it was like I had to learn to use my body all over again. But, for better or worse, I became really conscious of the way in which I move in a space. I'm flattered that you think it graceful.

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */