Saturday, January 22, 2011

Social Justice and Ecology...

Van Jones: The Economic Injustice of Plastic. Courtesy TED: Ideas Worth Sharing.

As you may remember, I've been giving considerable thought to this concept of what it means to "go green[er]". To try my best to eliminate unnecessary waste in my kitchen, for example, or to walk more, or to use public transportation....

But I had never considered the broader implications of my burgeoning sense of ecological responsibility. To think constructively about what disposable really means; and, more importantly, what it means to the planet and its inhabitants.

I feel like Mr. Jones is far more eloquent in this than I can be, particularly when we consider that to call my thoughts on this topic even 'half formed' would be a gross exaggeration. But do yourselves a favor. Watch the talk. It's worth it.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */