Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Art of Friendship...

So I've recently become acquainted with artistic genius of Steve McCurry - and I'm particularly enamored of his musings on friendship. Below are two of my favorite photos from this post [online exhibit?] and the quotes he placed with them. Perfection.
We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed.
As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.
- Samuel Johnson -
Hold a true friend with both your hands.
- Nigerian Proverb -

I also love this quote from the Baha'i Writings concerning friendship:

Do not be content with showing friendship in words alone, let your heart burn with loving kindness for all who may cross your path. - 'Abdu'l-Baha

Today I am feeling particularly thankful for the friends in my life. Cheers!

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */