Monday, November 2, 2009

Vanity: There's a Cure for That....

So I had painting class again last night. *I’m a beginner – as in this is my very first such class*

Last night we graduated from sketches and mixing colors to painting something on a canvas.

That something was a self portrait.

(Mirror + canvas + paint + brushes) x (–skill) = I hate my face.

It’s a good cure for vanity, though.

But seriously, I don't think I've ever looked at my face in quite that way before. To look at it critically, but paint what you see - not what you would like to see, etc.
Painfully cathartic, that.

Sidenote: I found this image on goo.gle or on one of the myriad blogs I daily peruse long ago - if you recognize it, holler so I can properly credit. Thanks!

2 comments:

montague said...

i can't imagine doing that... that critical look at yourself... i hope you share some of your work with us one of these days!

j'taimee said...

ha! deal - but maybe not a self portrait, hmmm?

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */