Friday, January 2, 2009

I Feel Pretty... Oh So Pretty!

This picture was taken just before the program of the Celebration of the Birth of the Báb began - I promise that the color scheme was unintentional (you know how I hate to be all 'matchy-matchy), but I'm also a sucker for a good pattern... (OCD much?). Anyhow, this picture actually reminds me of a prayer from ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, son of Bahá'u'lláh (Prophet Founder of the Bahá'í Faith).
"O Thou Provider! The dearest wish of this servant of Thy Threshold is to behold the friends of East and West in close embrace; to see all the members of human society gathered with love in a single great assemblage, even as individual drops of water collected in one mighty sea; to behold them all as birds in one garden of roses, as pearls of one ocean, as leaves of one tree, as rays of one sun." - ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
...kind of amazing when you think about it like that, huh?

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */