Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Curious Side Effects of Insomnia...

So I guess about 2 months ago, I put my second (ever!) roll of film in my camera - at 5 am.... Yeah, I know - aimee piper & 5 am? Surely the twain shall not meet? Well friends, they did - and rather abruptly as it was completely accidental. I had one of those mornings where I just couldn't sleep, so I decided to go with it & as I had just finished my first ever roll of film, I decided to be brave and try to load my own film this time (as it would hardly do to wake your flattie at 5 to load your camera with film) and then I headed over to the Shrine of the Báb for dawn prayers.

I know that 2 months seems like a while to my professional photo friends, but I finally finished the roll this weekend & just got the images back this afternoon! I'm still a beginning photographer (and clearly only on my second roll of film), so I just sort of started playing around with my camera - and I have to tell you, I'm pretty happy with the results. ...okay, I'm stoked - most of them turned out WAY better than I expected, especially since I accidentally exposed some of the frames because I couldn't figure out how to get the film to roll up all nice and neat in its little case the way it's meant to. {This time it was too late to wake my flattie and ask for help... I know - I need to take remedial camera lessons.}

Anyhow, here are some of the images from the start of the roll - more to come soon!

The Shrine of the Báb

Sunrise as seen from the Shrine of the Báb
*I actually took about 4 of these - I really love light & it was neat to see the progression of the sunrise*

Early dawn light on the Shrine of the Báb
*this from the west side of the Shrine*

Thanks for indulging me in my hobbies - if you have any suggestions for how I can improve as a photographer, holler at your girl. I'm always looking to learn!
Ps. I should tell you that I don't have a flash and that my light meter is broken - so if your comments involve those being fixed/learning how to use them when they are fixed, let me know so I know which differences to look for, etc.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */