Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Unlock the Gates...

Dear friends,
I have had a most stressful afternoon - and a 2 coffee morning (!) - so while I'm waiting for my iPod (they should really pay me for the free advertising, no?) to charge so that I can go for a stress-burning run (remember those?), I thought I'd share some pictures with you. Naturally, I took these a long time ago: in April, during the Bahá'í International Convention. Anyhow, I thought you may like to see a little bit more of where I live and work...
The Bahá'í Gardens, as they are commonly known, are world famous and truly beautiful. If you are ever in the area you should come and see them. Breath taking.
I'm kind of obsessed with night photography...
The gardens and the bay of Haifa
As seen from the Seat of the Universal House of Justice
The Shrine of the Báb
As seen from the terraces
Hatzionut Street and (part of) the terraced gardens
The steps to the Seat of the Universal House of Justice
The Seat of the Universal House of Justice
Lit at night for the Bahá'í International Convention held every 5 years.
I swear I try not to take this place for granted - beautiful, though - yes?
ps. I took all of these pictures - on a super old hand-me-down camera. Don't hate. Congratulate.
...and now I'm going for a run.

2 comments:

montague said...

enjoy the run.
i miss Haifa.

j'taimee said...

Haifa misses you...

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */