Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Parliance of Sorts...

So my mom is here (yay!) and I'm stoked to see her - obviously - but I'm also stoked because she's brought me somethings that, well... can really only be had in the States. Ok, I suppose you could get them here, too - it would just cost. A lot.
The things I'm most excited by are the books she brought (big shout out to Sanaz & Merilee for hooking.it.up) Anyhow, as a result, I've been reading Twilight (and sequels) pretty non-stop for a couple of days. And yes, I know that I'm incorrigible - but consider it from my perspective, yes? My imagination has been grossly under stimulated for the last 18 months. The books here in Israel that are available in English are super expensive and deal largely with either the Diaspora, WWII, the Return and/or Rebirth of Israel.
Le sigh.
So these books are kind of like candy for my imagination - and I've been on an extended and painful diet....
So I got to thinking today about how movies have test audiences. They get to watch & say what they like, etc. I'm wondering if they people to do that with books. Because I totally could. I'm not talking about checking your mess for grammer mistakes and the like - I'm talking about show me what you have & I'll let you know if it's good or not.
Sounds good, huh? Yeah, I think so too.
...how to parley your hobby in to your career: the latest installment of random & crazy thoughts from aimee piper. Thanks for tuning in.

2 comments:

Sautch said...

Aimee, do you know about the used book store in the Mercaz that has a ton of English books? its by the Greggs, and the dry cleaners, its like a room, and only open weird hours. ask around, someone will be able to take you if it still exist, she has a lot of english books.

j'taimee said...

I've heard about it - but I've not been there, yet. I've had some good luck at the Clothing Exchange, believe it or not! hahahahahaha. But I'll head up and check it out.
*thanks for the head's up*

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */