Friday, August 13, 2010

...Summer Night Edition

So last night started out innocently enough... the Israeli Women's Water Polo League starts day 1 of a 3 day tournament (to be spread throughout the week) today - so our team has been practicing when and where we can. This has made for a pretty random practice schedule - but I'm sure it will pay off.

Enter last night.... Practice was scheduled for 9pm, which is no big deal in and of itself - but oh the things you will see on a hot summer's night!

While on the bus [dude. Take the bus - it's awesome!] I saw 4 guys who looked just like Ferengi's! Minus the handy and amazing Star Trek costumes and standard issue brow-ridges, of course.

Anytime I can flex my geek factor is a good time.

Like a gift from the universe, the night just kept getting better! Walking towards the pool [big shout out to Tivon. If you're ever lucky enough to get to Israel, you should come hang out here.] I noticed that a small high school/garage band was playing in the plaza I was crossing.

At first I heard some really cool ethnic/tribal-style drumming, but then to my absolute delight it was punctuated every-so-often by the dulcet tones of a COWBELL!

Yes. You heard that right. Cowbell. It's the new tambourine.

So that's my night of awesome, in a nutshell. I'll let you know how the games go - I'm in for a double-header. In the meantime?

More cowbell!

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */