Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Give Us A Sick Beat...

How often do you hear "I only like the beat, I don't even listen to the lyrics!" "I just want to move my body!"

Small Disclaimer: I will, upon occasion, hear songs that I L.O.V.E. loved in high school - and I sing along. And I think "what the H was I doing listening to this!" Well... I'm a grown-up woman now, and it's time to get 'sharing is caring' with the knowledge here.

Okay... so back to how the words don't even matter - I'm just exploring the groove....

If this is true, and the lyrics are so unimportant, then are violence and misogyny really necessary themes?

All I'm saying, I suppose ultimately, is let's get some positivity mixed up in those sick beats of yours - yes. I mean you. I'll bet you could even keep your street cred.

Peace.

Oh... and stay tuned for some truly sick beats! I first heard of these women when my sister got back from doing a Baha'i Youth Year of Service at the Native American Baha'i Institute in New Mexico.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */