Monday, July 7, 2008

Metaphysics For Beginners

Some more (hopefully not too) random thoughts I had as a result of watching What the Bleep... during the summer I had pneumonia....

For the benefit of those of you who haven't seen the movie/to refresh your memory, there is a scene in which the metaphysicists are discussing molecular density. They (the scientists) have been able to prove that cells, on a molecular level, exist in two (or more?) places at once. What they are unable to determine (so far) is what in the world of creation lends molecular density.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, son of Bahá’u’lláh - the Prophet Founder of the Bahá'í Faith, mentions that love (L.O.V.E.) is the foundation of all existence. So then I got to thinking about this in relation to the scientific information provided in What the Bleep..., and I thought about the moments that we, as humans, really and truly experience love - in its purest forms. Are we more molecularly dense in those moments? How are we otherwise able to maintain our physical reality? I am not capable of sustaining the kind of love I feel is necessary to maintain the molecular density required for physical existence....

Then I began to reexamine what I really know about love, and I was reminded of this beautiful passage from the Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh:
"O Son of Man!
I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life."

God's love is the basis of all creation; His love for His creation is the only thing powerful enough to keep our molecules united. Therefore, the purpose of the entire creation is love and unity - from protons and neutrons to humanity itself.... You are literally, and can be figuratively, walking and talking manifestions of God's love (L.O.V.E.). Thanks for sharing some more of my quirky thoughts. For more information on constructive methods of acheiving unity, visit http://www.bahai.org/.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */