Monday, October 24, 2011

Don't Try This At Home...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper


So my mom and I have recently joined a gym. I know... I know! But walking is boring unless you're actually going somewhere - and quite frankly, a lap of my neighborhood's track homes just doesn't cut mustard. [Beige, tan, 'cornflower', cream - repeat!]


The great thing is that they have a pool, and bringing your mom as a workout buddy? Kind of awesome, actually.


So we took ourselves down for a little Lord's Day early morning workout (what!? 10 is totally early! ...but I digress) and I did some weight training - specifically for my legs - and then swam some.


Are you familiar with the comedic genius of The Big Bang Theory? Good. So you know how Sheldon's laugh is like 3 super-high speed exhalations of breath?


Then you know, roughly, the sound I'm making at even the thought of sitting down.


Suffice it to say that I'm trying to transform the weird gait I've appropriated trying not to out-right limp into what could pass for thoughtful introspection. It involves a broad use of a Jane Austen worthy 'quizzical brow'... which isn't so hard, really. Particularly when contemplating how to get down stairs with any kind of dignity.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */