Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thinking Outloud...


Now that it's 2011, I kind of expect somethings. Like cars that get at least 50 miles per gallon. I don't feel that this represents the impossible dream. Humans are totally capable of designing something along these lines. And not just a one-off.


Oil resources are becoming increasingly scarce, and owing to some serious turmoil in the countries most famous for oil production... these resources are also becoming unreliable.


Now that I'm back in Southern California - where, by the way, the public transportation is nearly non-existant and entirely non-effective, and the addage about walking is true - doing things like spending hundreds of dollars a week on gas is just crazy talk to me.

I mean, cars have been with us for over 100 years, why are we stuck in the 70s? ...by which I mean technology has come a long way, baby.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */