Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Roman Holiday...

So I'm finally home in Orange County, after 4 lovely years in Israel and 5 whirlwind days in Rome. I'll share more on my repatriation in due course, but I've got my film back from Rome and I thought I'd share some of the pictures. ...particularly as I managed to shoot 2 entire rolls of film while there - and if you've met me, you know what a feat this is!

Enjoy:
Il Vittoriano

The Pantheon
[I accidentally exposed some of my film...
so I cut out the overexposed parts on this one.
Sigh... aimee piper!]

Anti-war graffiti tagged on a building on Via Nazionale, complete with corresponding web site information.
Graffiti, interestingly, comes to us in English from the Italian - for 'to scribble'.

Columns near Marcello's Theater

Iron gates and a small sample of the throngs of people in front of Il Vittoriano.

St. Peter's Basilica: Vatican City
My fascination with the angles in architecture knows no bounds.
...methinks that geometry would have been much better if presented with a camera and a Roman holiday, however.

Trevi Fountain.
...you know I'm coming back, yes?

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */