Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Enquiring Minds Want to Know...

Image courtesy ffffound
So I've been reading (rather voraciously) different news sources to try and find as much information about the trial of the 7 Bahá’ís in Iran.... I'm happy to say that most major news sources are reporting on on this issue. While quickly scanning through BBC (online version) today with my morning coffee, I found a really lovely article in support of the Bahá’ís - and I also found a somewhat perplexing article titled 'There Is No Such Thing as Safe Cocaine'.

Let me explain.

I am a child of the 80s, and as such spent most of my formative years in the grip of Nancy Reagan's anti-drug campaigns. So for me to read an article - presented as though it were breaking news - “if you take cocaine – you could (wait for it… wait for it…) die”.
I don't know... maybe I just didn't understand the article. Or the research. Or the fact that this is meant to clear up some major misunderstandings in the European party circuit.

...because no one ever says "I want to be a junkie"

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */