Wednesday, March 18, 2009

France: Part 1,000,005

So I said that I'd tell you what I got up to in le France - and here we are... a month later, and still digesting the left over goodness of my vacation.

In addition to attending a really beautiful wedding in Orleans (Old, not New) - I spent a couple of days in Paris - 1 full day at the Louvre (not really enough time to see everything), a half day at the Musee de Orsay (definitely not enough time - but planes will be planes, and I really need to catch this one....)

But the coolest thing I did in Paris was to join some local Bahá'ís - who have, themselves, joined Bahá'ís all over the world - in talking about the Bahá'í Faith and the spiritual destiny of humankind.

It's interesting to consider the impact that this spiritual destiny has on the material well being of humanity. Bahá'u'lláh has said that "The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established." Consider, then, that the purpose of the religion is God is no less than the unification of all the peoples of the world....

Don't we then owe it to ourselves to determine (for ourselves) if this peace and unity is possible? And if it is possible - shouldn't we work and try to make it happen by any means available?
Yeah, that's what I think, too.

Which brings me back to my time in Paris with the local Bahá'ís. Working to establish peace with the tools available.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */