Monday, July 11, 2011

...Until It Is Done

Source: melodysblog.tumblr.com via Aimee on Pinterest

So you know how, in addition to playing with the women's water polo team in Tivon (Tivon-o!), I occasionally [like twice a week] train with the men's team at Technion University here in Haifa? Well, about a month ago - in one of the last practices of the semester at Technion - I blocked a really great shot from a friend who shall remain nameless. 'Nameless' is easily twice as strong as I am... and I totally hyper-extended my right elbow.

You'll know this as tennis elbow. And the only cure is time. ...that I don't have. I've been doing about a many goalie exercises as a lady can do without actually touching a ball. It is pretty much the height of boring. But my patience paid off - we won our game on Saturday! I would like to shake the hand of the person who invented water proof tape. Genius.

You should know, of course, that as my klutz factor is actually boundless, I've gone and hurt myself - again. On Sunday, ironically while walking to a chiropractic appointment, I slipped and fell on some marble steps - and landed smack(!) on my tailbone. It is the pain.

Thankfully the chiropractor was able to get me sorted - but don't think that my teammates haven't threatened (offered?) to put me in a bubble or wrap me up like a mummy! At least until the end of the championship tournament....

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */