Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Open Mind... Open Heart

The Head and the Heart: "Lost in My Mind". Head's up courtesy Black*Eiffel.

So I have no real way to quantifiably measure my success in this task I've set for myself, but I've decided to dedicate my Fast this year to being more trusting and forgiving. I'd like to get to a point where I trust my instincts and feelings more and to be more forgiving of my perceived weaknesses and shortcomings.

All of this is conducive to confidence, and I'm really going to need it - because I'm really nervous about what my future holds. Not in a bad way, I'll even go so far as to tell you that I'm mostly excited - but I'm anxious and a little insecure. But here I go, being trusting with the interwebs.

The first step, really, is to get out of my head. I do this all of the time. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that in some aspects I'm pretty brave. Now I'm just going to work on letting that braveness filter its way through all arenas of my life.

I'd like to give a big shout out to The Head and the Heart - who have no idea who I am - for writing a song that would remind me to stop being so 'lost in my mind', and to Black*Eiffel for always featuring rad bands on Music Mondays. ...wow. How 'the Oscars' of me.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */