Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Time...

So I have an interesting relationship with time. I am completely fascinated by it - and yet operate as though it doesn't really apply to me. I've bought calendars before - and I eventually recycle them into wrapping paper. I had a watch in 1999 - but they're not really for me. But ever since I've come to serve at the Bahá'í World Centre, I've tried to work on being more punctual. And I've mostly managed it. Of course living within a 4 minute walk of your office never hurt anyone....
What is all of this background for? Friends, I missed my flight to London-town.
I know!
I was so excited! But I was completely late for my flight - and even though they were still boarding when I got to the airport, there wouldn't have been enough time for me to go through security and etc. (All of this was explained to me calmly and even sympathetically as I slowly, yet surely, dissolved into near hysterics.) Le sigh. So I had the honor of staying in the airport over night - and once I had switched my flight around for the next available (only a cool 16 hours later - she says more than a little sarcastically) and got in touch with my hosts, I hunkered down with a good & thankfully long book and waited it out.
Sometimes these little lessons in punctuality are harder earned than others. ...at least for yours truly.
And p.s? I love London.

2 comments:

montague said...

OUCH!
enjoy my darling beloved london. oh, how i miss it.

j'taimee said...

i know, i truly love it here.

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */