Monday, June 30, 2008

Some of the Quirky Things That Make Me... Me.


Two summers ago I had pneumonia - yes, a really nasty affair - and while I was in healing mode (almost a full month) I attending a Bahá’í study class with my mom. *You should take one: they're amazing - but then, I love to learn new things*

This particular week, my mom's study group took a break from the usual (The Bahá’í perspective on Life After Death) and watched What the Bleep...Do We Know. What struck me (ok, a lot did...) was the little segment on water molecules and how they react to positive and negative thoughts and images. I then began to think about (I had some serious issues with insomnia while I was healing...) how the human body is composed mostly of water. To that end, I began to meditate on very simple, and yet positive virtues throughout the day - specifically during my prayers. I clearly got better. (This is not to say that I lay my turn for the better entirely at the door of positive thoughts - I was clearly already healing...But!)

Back to quirky (I swear you haven't seen quirky yet, and that I have a point):

I L.O.V.E. Harry Potter - last summer I read the 7th book (love it!) and I learned something:

THE BRAVEST THING YOU CAN DO IS TO LOVE SOMEONE

Back to my obsession with water and virtues: now I write virtues (thanks, Sharpie) on my water bottles in an attempt to shape the molecular structure of the water I drink - thereby shaping the molecular structure of yours truly. At worst I have a pretty handy reminder to focus on virtues, daily.

The impetus of this post? I chose two (2!) virtues today: Love (pretty much a constant virtue for aimee piper reflection - for a myriad reasons) and Courage. Does it work? Are my molecules shiny and happy? I don't know - but I feel good.


1 comment:

roza said...

Hi! I stumbled onto your blog and just had to comment on what an absolutely brilliant idea it is to write virtues on your water bottle! Magical hydrationn!

Great post (but after all, whenever love and courage serve as the impetus for something, it's bound to be great) :)

cheers!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */