Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My New Hobbies

So I've decided to make cooking my hobby since I've come to Israel - feel free to leave recipes for me to try! Yes, I know... But I decided that I could always go back to eating a bowl of soup or cereal or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if I failed, but if I succeeded - well then I'd have something really tasty and healthy to eat!
Some things to consider when cooking is your hobby (especially if you're an expat):
  1. No matter where you are, cooking for one person sucks.
  2. WHAT IS CELCIUS?!?
  3. Gas top stoves yield much different results than electric top stoves. I'm learning, though.
  4. Recipes gleaned from gourmet cooking websites? Double all of your prep-time and add 20 minutes to your cook-time.
  5. I'm not very good at desserts. This is actually a good thing.

And now for my new (as yet unexercised) hobby: photography! I will finally learn how my camera works and then you all can see what I'm really about.... But more on that later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To answer your second question take a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celsius
in particular http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celsius#Worldwide_adoption

j'taimee said...

Jahangir, are you sure that you don't serve in ISD?
hahahahahahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Ssshhh! No one is supposed to know that ;)

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */