Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Guerilla Hair Care: MacGyver Couldn't Have Freaked It Better

So for those of you in the know... I've recently cut my hair and come back into the blonde spectrum of color. I basically have a blonde version of Katie Holmes' hair cut - or, for those of you really in the know, a graduated bob. But whatever.
As is true with all hair cuts (no matter how great they are, or how many compliments you receive - yes it is, and you better believe it(!), respectively), I haven't been able to reproduce what magic Roi created in the salon. Mostly because I don't have the "khoseleh" (Persian word for endless amounts of patience) for it, and the fact that I still don't know how to use a hair dryer. Sigh, I know - blame it on my childhood as a tomboy, but it's true.
Anyhow, I decided that today would be different. So borrowed my friend Nasim's curling iron and I woke up at 6:30 (gasp! It's true) to curl my hair - cute style. Noting that Nasim's curling iron is from the States, I plugged it into an adapter and began curling away. Several minutes later I realize that the iron isn't as hot as it once was - apparently adapters and converters are different.... But I couldn't just stop!
Thankfully my mom made me read Little Women when I was 8, and I know how they used to do "back in the day". So here I am at 7:30 in the morning, heating a curling iron against my clothes iron - section by section, piece by piece.
...but I look good, though.
And don't worry, my new photo teacher assures me that that can be reinacted for posterity's sake.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */